Parsec Residency is a call for emerging artists, curators, and researchers, both Italian and international, from different fields and disciplines, with no restrictions on age, education, expression, or language.
The residency programme aims to encourage individual and collective research, initiating a process of collaboration aimed at the production of new works and projects.
For its third edition, Parsec Residency offers two different residency programmes: Parsec Residency and Parsec Residency/Art & Ecologies.
Parsec Residency provides an informal environment for discussion and research in which to deepen one’s artistic practice and expand one’s work, through a three-month residency period. There is no indication regarding subject and medium, and at the end of the project, there will be a solo exhibition within the Parsec spaces.
Parsec Residency/Art & Ecologies focuses on new ways in which contemporary art practice can intervene in a wide range of ecological contexts. The residency is therefore centred on the theme of art and the environment and is aimed at the development of innovative research-based art projects that focus on understanding how ecological challenges, such as climate collapse, pollution, and biodiversity loss, are inseparable from social issues. The project developed within this programme will be included in the programming of the TERRAPOLIS festival, organised by Parsec in collaboration with the DEV Circle, which will take place in July 2022.
Both residency programmes will take place at the association’s main location, in VIA DEL PORTO 48 C/D in Bologna, from 1 April 2022 to 30 June 2022.
– Shared 20 sqm studio with two workstations
– Access to the studio 7 days a week
– Use of tools in the space, printers, scanners, darkroom, and reference material
– Wi-Fi connection
– The opportunity to contribute to a public programme with workshops, open studios, talks, and events
– Critical and practical support
– Organisation of study visits, group tutorials, and specific visiting tutorials
– Solo exhibition at Parsec for the Parsec Residency programme
– Participation in the Terrapolis festival for the Parsec residency /Art & Ecologies programme
The residency programme does not provide board and lodging.
Selected applicants will be asked to contribute €100 per month towards the costs of maintaining the space.
According to the current regulations, participation is allowed for Super Green pass holders.
Parsec wants to be a meeting place for different artistic visions and practices.
Two artists, curators and researchers will be selected, one for the Parsec Residency programme and one for Parsec Residency /Art & Ecologies. The resident will share the studio, based on the following criteria:
quality of the artistic practice, need to work in a shared studio, openness to confrontation, willingness to collaborate and to open up to the public through meetings and debates of different nature, possibility of deepening the topics dealt with through the public program, validity and feasibility of the project proposed for the specific residency program.
– for artists: the willingness to discuss their practice by presenting their work during CRIT, studio visits, open studios, and workshops organised in collaboration with Parsec;
– for curators and researchers: willingness to propose, develop and manage part of the programme concerning their own research and publication and/or management of the in-depth section on parsecbologna.com; presentation of their research through a talk or final event at the end of the residency.
Applications may be submitted no later than Sunday 13th March 2022.
Pre-selection announcement on Wednesday 16th March 2022.
Friday 18th and Saturday 19th March 2022 interview at Parsec headquarters (with the possibility of online interview).
Saturday 26th March 2022 announcement of winners.
Applications sent after this date or incomplete applications will not be taken into account.
HOW TO APPLY
Fill in the APPLICATION FORM at the following link:
PAST TUTORS AND STUDIO VISITORS
Campobase (curators – Irene Angenica, Stefano Volpato and Ginevra Ludovici), Cristian Chironi (artist), Stefano Giuri (artist and curator of Toast Project Space – Florence), Tea Gradassi (SpazioA – Pistoia), Elena Magini (curator of Pecci Museum – Prato), Associazione Ottovolante (international residency project), TBD Ultramagazine (curators – Camilla Compagni and Francesca Manni).
FOR MORE INFO AND/OR QUESTIONS